Subject: Inviting Participation for Various Competitions on 17th and 18th August 2019 on the Eve of Janmashtami 2019.
You would be pleased to know that ISKCON Chandigarh is organizing various competitions for the children on the occasion of Janmashtami 2019. The competitions are open for all schools of Chandigarh and Mohali are for the children of age groups mentioned below. The dates and times of the competitions are also given below:
|1.||Fancy Dress Competition||5 to 10 years||17.08.19||6:30 PM to 7:30 PM|
|2.||Coloring Competition||5 to 10 years||18.08.19||11:00 AM to 12 Noon|
|3.||Drawing and Coloring Competition||11 to 15 years||18.08.19||12:30 PM to2:00 PM|
|4.||a) Qualifying test (Written) for Spiritual Quiz||11 to 15 years||18.08.19||11:00AM to 12 Noon|
|b) Spiritual Quiz||11 to 15 years||18.08.19||6:30 PM to 08.00 PM|
- Fancy dress competition: The participants can present any character from Ramayan, Mahabharat or Lord Krishna’s pastimes. There will be two minutes for each participant to present himself/herself. Dance/performance on recorded songs/material is not permissible.
- Coloring Competition: The children participating in the coloring competition will be provided the drawing sketch to be colored. Duration of the test will be one hour. The participant should bring along his/her pencil, eraser, colors, pencil box, drawing board, etc.
- Drawing and Coloring Competition: Participants will be required to draw and paint one childhood pastime (Lila) of Lord Sri Krishna. Duration of the test will be one and a half hrs. Drawing sheets for the test will be provided to all the participants. However drawing boards, pencil, sharpener, erasers & colors etc should be brought by the participants themselves.
- Spiritual Quiz: Questions related to Bhagvad Gita, Ramayan, Mahabharat and Lord Sri Krishna will be asked in the quiz. But first a preliminary screening test (written) will be held on 08.19 at 11:00 AM to short list the participants for spiritual quiz to be held on 18.08.19 at 6:00 PM The result of the screening test will be declared at 2:00 PM the same day i.e.18.08.19 after which teams for the Quiz will be formed at the same time. Only short listed candidates will be required to participate in the Quiz on 18.08.19.
There can be up to three participants in the Fancy Dress event (Category 1) from one school. For other categories, there can be up to four participants in the event from one school.
There will be prizes and certificates for the winning participants. The result will be displayed on 1stth September 2019 at 1 P.M. on the Reception Notice Board of ISKCON Temple Chandigarh. The prizes for the winners will be distributed on 06th September 2019 at 01.30 P.M. at ISKCON Temple Chandigarh. The decision of the ISKCON judges will be final.
- The tests for all categories will be held at our center address given below at the time and dates mentioned earlier-
Hare Krishna Dham, Sector 36-B,
Dakshin Marg, Chandigarh—160036
The participation forms are attached here with. Kindly send your participation forms duly filled in latest by Sunday 11th August, 2019 so as to reach us at:-
ISKCON Temple, RECEPTION COUNTER
Hare Krishna Dham, Sector 36-B,
Dakshin Marg, Chandigarh– 160036
Phone: 2601590, 9463390133, 9216521944, 9464627286
Please encourage your students to participate on this auspicious occasion as much as possible.
Nand Maharaj Das